Friday, April 3, 2009

World Tour

At my son's school they have a World Tour event. This consists of each classroom choosing a country to represent, creating projects to represent that country, and a stage production. This school is small. Preschool (age 3) to Kindergarten in one classroom, 1st 2nd and 3rd graders in the next, and 4th and 5th are together. This is called the Lower School. I went a little off track I know. Anyway, the World Tour was wonderful. We were able to sample foods from Nigeria, Italy, Sweden, Russia, Germany, Ireland, and Mexico. The Upper School contributed as well as other faculty members of the Lower School, ie Spanish teacher. We were even given passports so we could enter each country and had them stamped.
Well tonight, we all gathered at the Upper School to enjoy a stage production. My son, whose class represented Germany, did the story of the three little pigs by the Brothers Grimm. I am so proud of my little guy. Though he did fumble his words a bit, he stayed on the stage the entire time, no tears, no hiding, no nothing! He did great! At his age (6), I remember crying on stage so bad that I had to join my parents in the audience. He has really come out of his shell. At the end of the show, everyone did the chicken dance, and I mean everyone. Old ladies in the audience shimming down and flapping their arms. It was funny, yet so cool to see.
So, that is how I spent my night. It's funny, I used think that going out and partying all night was the best way to spend a Friday night, but I was wrong. I had one of the best nights of my life tonight. I am so proud of my little guy!

No comments: